musicmom Headline Animator

Saturday, July 9, 2011

My Job As A Mom. Hmm....!!!!

Does anyone out there who is a mom, and has boys? I have one teen, and a seven year old. Any mom out there have a teenage boy, and know exactly what I am going through with a teenage boy? The constantly telling them to pick up their room, maybe even washing the dishes too. But; last not least; staying on them constantly about keeping their hygene up. Washing their face, taking a shower, brushing their teeth, and flossing. And yes, I do remind him to put deodorant on. OOPS! apparently I missed a day to do that, shame on me!! I guess I'm not allowed to be human and make mistakes. I know, I know, I shouldn't be complaining, I did pray a little bit, but not before I went on the computer. OOPS, on my part too!! I am just tired of people thinking that I don't do my job as a Mom!! In fact, I know dang well that I have always done my best as a Mom, no offence to those who have girls; I don't know what that's like, however I do know what it's like being a girl growing up around mostly boys, because by the time I was old enough to remember things, my two sisters were teenagers. Anyway, back to what I was trying to get at here, parents with teens whether boy or girl, or went through that stage of raising both; who would you have to get on the most about brushing their teeth, taking a shower,putting deodorant on, and flossing too? Oh, cleaning their room,and doing the dishes a couple times a week?! I don't complain about being a parent! I know it's my JOB as a parent to stay on my Teenage boy to do the things I  stay on him to do. My youngest however, I'm not comparing, that's one thing I don't have to fight with him about. Just the homework thing. My oldest, when his brother's age, that was one thing he did not give me trouble with; just the getting in the tub part. Grant it; I was addressed quietly about it. I feel that as a Mom who is going through an illness, is( even though) on certain days I do get discouraged a little.There are days when I do feel a down, and not so much energy. That's when I pray! Because when besides the illness going on, life happens! Bills, keeping a roof over our heads; etc...! Well, now some of that has lifted off my shoulders, because my husband as of yesterday; has a job!! Whew! Well, that is all everyone! God Bless, and have a good one!!

No comments:

Post a Comment